Do you value customer service and getting it right for your clients, every time?
Would you like to work for an accredited Living Wage employer, enjoying 25 days holiday per year?
Are you keen to grow and nurture your own client portfolio, in a chartered accountancy practice that is growing week on week?
Then apply today.
We are C Allan & Son Accountancy Services, and we urgently need an Accounts Assistant to join our ever-expanding practice.
In order to be considered for interview you must have the following:
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in public practice (i.e. in an accountancy firm/practice)
– Experience of accountancy software e.g. Quickbooks, although full training and support will be provided if required
– Good Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel, Outlook and Word
– Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
– Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise jobs is key
– The successful candidate will be reliable, hardworking, able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
– This position would suit a career orientated, trustworthy individual with a strong work ethic; looking to further their career
Key points of the role:
– You will manage your own portfolio of clients, which you will be solely responsible for
– Producing monthly management accounts
– Preparation of statutory accounts from client records to Partner review
– Preparing and reviewing corporation and personal tax returns
– Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
– Preparation of Financial Statements for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and charitable organisations
– Preparation of Corporate and Personal Tax Returns
– Submission of documents to Companies House; HMRC and other bodies i.e. OSCR
– Corresponding with various organisations on behalf of clients
– Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely manner
– Ad hoc admin duties
The hours for this role are 32.5 per week, the role is permanent (after probation) and the salary is £20,200 to £21,200 (dependant upon experience).