In a nod to Michelle undertaking a diploma in digital marketing, here are some facts about said level of qualification.
1. The word diploma comes originally from Greek, meaning double-folded paper
2. Harvard College is responsible for starting the tradition of awarding diplomas
3. Original diplomas were made from thin sheepskin because paper-making was an arduous process
4. Schools needed to hire a calligrapher to write up the necessary Latin inscription on parchment (animal skin) paper
5. The first woman to receive a diploma was Catherine Elizabeth Brewer Benson from Wesleyan College (formally known as Georgia Female College) in 1840
And there you have it, things you may not have known about the diploma!
Do you find bookkeeping as arduous as paper-making was? It needn’t be a task akin to further education.
Call us and we’ll provide a quote to undertake your bookkeeping, every fortnight, month or quarter – whatever works for you.
As ever, we are contactable via telephone 0141 816 9750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend!